Suffering due to stomach cramps, bloating, fatigue, mood instability, when menstruation is often experienced by many women. It occurs associated with hormone levels go up and down. Pain during menstruation is a reaction that occurs due to the release of endometrial cells in the uterus. There are several ways you can do to get rid of menstrual cramps.
Tips On How to Get Rid Of Menstrual Cramps :
1. Compress the area of pain
Try to warm the abdominal pain by using a special pillow or a warm bottle warmers. Or try drinking warm beverages like tea, coffee, milk, or hot chocolate, so that the stomach feel more relaxed and comfortable.
2. Warm the body
When showering, wash with warm water. You could also try soaking your feet in warm water. Keep your body as warm as possible, as conditions warm body will accelerate blood circulation.
3. Reduce strenuous activities
Take a lying position, so that the position of the uterus hanging down. This will relieve the pain in the abdomen. Also do some stretching follows: lying on your back, knees bent close to the chest, then straightened again. Perform at least four times.
4. Meet the nutritional needs
Eat foods that contain lots of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium, zinc, vitamin B1, and iron.
5. Deep breath
Take a deep breath and slowly. This serves to relax the body.
Menstrual pain is no excuse for idleness, unless the pain is unbearable. Staying active is highly recommended because it makes the muscles more relaxed and helps stimulate the release of happy hormones or endorphins from the brain.
Aromatherapy is known to create a calming effect. Light a candle scented or apply a few drops of aromatherapy oils in the tub for a bath.
6. Consumption of analgesics.
Pain relievers (analgesics) can be used, but better according to doctor's instructions. If you do not consult a doctor and choose free medicines, should not be taken more than three times a day dosing.
Foods To Relieve Menstrual Cramps:
Actually, there is another method that can be done to reduce the pain of PMS. One of them, with a diet. How do you choose the food you eat is a key factor to avoid pain during PMS.
Some foods to avoid are foods with high sodium content, sugar, fat, and containing additives. These foods are usually found in caffeinated products, cheese, and alcohol. According sheknows.com, there are some foods that have benefits to relieve pain during PMS, as below:
- Pineapple juice. Menstrual cramps are caused by uterine contractions that help the body shed the uterine lining. Bromelain in pineapple juice help relax the muscles, so pain can be avoided. Self Bromelain is extracted from pineapple stems, which is thought to have anti-inflammatory effects. Based on laboratory studies, bromelain also contain chemicals that may interfere with the growth of tumor cells and slow the clotting of blood.
- Pumpkin seeds. The content of minerals and zinc in pumpkin seeds can relieve pain in the abdomen. Other foods that contain zinc are seafood, meat is high in fat, and nuts. Pumpkin seeds and nuts also contain a lot of vitamin E, which will help reduce inflammation in the stomach.
- Peanut butter sandwich. Vitamin E in the peanut butter on the bread and vitamin B can help erode the stomach cramps. Vitamin B is obtained from the bread made from wheat flour. Better when used are wheat bread, not just white bread.
- Tuna. Replacing saturated fats with healthy fats such as omega-3 is also a solution if experiencing abdominal cramps during PMS. The protein in tuna fish can also stabilize blood sugar and reduce appetite.
- Radish. White vegetable is a good source of vitamin E and C can reduce inflammation. The content of calcium and other minerals in it can also relieve PMS symptoms.